Ash-next-Ridley, St Peter & St Paul

Ancient Parish church.

There was a church mentioned here in the Domesday. The font is Norman and the nave is 13th c., with the tower and roof of the 15th c. The walls are flint with ragstone and sandstone dressing. Some brick to the SE turret of the tower which is castellated. Restored by Sir T. G. Jackson in 1901-03. The rector Rev. S Atwood gave a paten and altar piece in 1713. Notable monuments include that to Reginald de Ashe.


Original Registers
These date from 1560.

Images published by NWKFHS (CD-Rom Ref. OR26) See Parish Register Publications.

St Peter & St Paul photo
St Peter & St Paul Jun 2002