Beckenham, St George
Ancient Parish church.
Church built 1885-7, replacing medieval church.
Pevsner/Newman state "the churches of Beckenham are a thoroughly pedestrian lot". A medieval church was replaced in 1887 by W Gibbs Bartleet, being completed in 1903. Ragstone with buff ashlar dressings. Monuments were saved from the old church include Sir Humphrey Style 1552 armoured with a tabard. Patronage has been with the Cator family.
Transcript published by NWKFHS (Microfiche Ref. F55-57) See Parish Register Publications.
Transcript published by NWKFHS (Microfiche Ref. F58) See MI Publications.