Unitarian: Bessels Green, Old Meeting House

The 'Old Meeting House' was built in 1716 by a local Baptist congregation, becoming Unitarian by the 19th century. Now called Sevenoaks Unitarian Church..

"The chapel, of red and blue chequer brick with segment-headed side windows with casements, is appended to the south to a two-storeyed house. An avenue of limes leads to the door. The scene is complete, an embodiment of the gentle, familial spirit of C18 Nonconformity" (Pevsner 1976).


Original Registers
These date from c.1716.

Old Meeting House photo
Old Meeting House Apr 2010