Bexley, St Mary

Ancient Parish church.

There was a church here in Domesday times. A flint church extensively restored in 1882/83, it has a shingle clad spire. Remains of a Norman doorway are incorporated into the south porch. Monuments to Sir John Champneis c1590 and Sir R. Austen 1687 among others.


Original Registers
These date from 1565.

Memorial inscriptions (1957)

Transcript published by NWKFHS (Microfiche Ref. F6) See MI Publications.

St Mary photo
St Mary Nov 1997