Bidborough, St Lawrence

Ancient Parish church.

Separated from Leigh and made a separate parish in 1218. The church has been much repaired although there are still signs of the Norman church. The church is built of sandstone with a shingled spire. South aisle and chancery rebuilt in 1876-77 by Ewan Christian. Churchyard monument for Mary Countess of Darnley 1803 by Sir Richard Westmacott RA the sculptor (1777-1856).


Original Registers
These date from 1632.

St Lawrence photo
St Lawrence Aug 1998