OS Grid Reference: TQ4972
The 1841 population was 517
"The Crays are four highly respectable villages and parishes contiguous to each other, situated in the lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, Hundred of Ruxley, and Union of Bromley, on the banks of the river Cray, in a beautiful and diversified country, interspersed with numerous elegant seats and noble mansions. North Cray was the residence of the late Marquis of Londonderry, and it was at his seat here that he terminated his existence. ... On the River Cray are several paper mills, which employ a number of persons of both sexes. Each of the Crays has its parish church, but there is not anything remarkable about either of these edifices." 1852 directory
North Cray fell within the Hundred of Ruxley. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Bromley.
For ordering details see Census Publications.
Churches and Chapels (pre-1910)
Church of England