OS Grid Reference: TQ4459
The 1841 population was 776
"Cudham is an extensive parish and widely-scattered village, 7 miles north-west from Seven Oaks, 8 from Bromly, and 3.5 south-west from Farnborough, in Ruxley Hundred, lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, and Union and County court district of Bromley, west Kent, situated west of the high road from London to Seven Oaks. The rea is 5,869 acrea. Here is a wood 2 miles long. The soil clayey, with great quantity of flint, but very fertile; and the population, in 1851, was 897. The church of St Peter and St Paul is an old building of flint and brick, with a steeple rising from the centre. The great and small titheshave been commuted for a rent-charge of 995 per annum. ... Charles Ward, Esq., is the lay rector; the Rev. Henry Sampson is the vicar, and the Rev. Joseph Thompson curate. There is a chapel for the Wesleyans, and National schools, erected in 1851, which are supported by voluntary contributions. Thomas Lightfoot, Esq., is lord of the manor of Cudham, and John Christy, Esq., is lord of the manor of Aperfield within the parish." 1852?
Cudham fell within the Hundred of Ruxley. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Bromley.
For ordering details see Census Publications.
Churches and Chapels (pre-1910)
Church of England