OS Grid Reference: TQ5077
The 1841 population was 2,082
Erith fell within the Hundred of Little & Lessness. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Dartford.
Probate Jurisdiction was Rochester to 1845, PCC 1846-57.
Erith included the settlement of Belvedere.
- 1851 Name Index and Page Images published on CD-Rom as part of CD8 (Dartford Registration District).
- 1851 Name Index (only) published on microfiche as part of Volume V (Dartford Registration District).
For ordering details see Census Publications.
Churches and Chapels (pre-1910)
Church of England
- St John the Baptist (Ancient Parish church)
- Belvedere, All Saints Nuxley Rd.
- Christ Church Victoria Rd.
- St Fidelis: West St. Church built 1870, chapel-of-ease since opening of Our Lady of the Angels 1903. Original registers from 1870.
- Baptist: Bexley Rd, Belvedere. (1863). No information on registers
- Baptist: Lessness Heath. (1805). Original registers from 1807.
- Baptist: Queens St. (1877). No information on registers
- Independent: (1823). No information on registers
- Independent: Tower Church, Belvedere Park. (1848-53). No information on registers
- Congregational: (1859). No information on registers
- Congregational: Iron Church, Belvedere. (1865). No information on registers
- Wesleyan: Pier Rd. (1876-1972 demolished). No information on registers
- Methodist: (formerly Wesleyan). Original registers from 1889.
- Primitive Methodist: Belvedere. (1876). No information on registers
For project purposes this parish is also covered by Woolwich & District FHS.