Hever

OS Grid Reference: TQ4744
The 1841 population was 582

Administrative Units

Hever fell within the Hundred of Somerden. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Sevenoaks.
Probate Jurisdiction was Shoreham to 1845, PCC 1846-57.

Hever included the hamlet of Mark Beech, and also had a detached northern portion comprising the hamlet of Four Elms.

Census Publications

  • 1851 Name Index (only) published on microfiche as part of Volume VI (Sevenoaks Registration District).

For ordering details see Census Publications.

Churches and Chapels (pre-1910)

Church of England

  1. St Peter (Ancient Parish church) 
  2. Mark Beech, Holy Trinity 
  3. Four Elms, St Paul 

Independent/Congregational

  • Congregational: Four Elms.  Built 1831. No information on registers
West Kent map