OS Grid Reference: TQ6674
The 1841 population was 9,256
Milton-next-Gravesend fell within the Hundred of Toltingtrough. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Gravesend & Milton.
Probate Jurisdiction was Rochester.
Milton included much of the town of Gravesend, to which the civil parish was united in 1915.
Churches and Chapels (pre-1910)
Church of England
- St Peter & St Paul (Ancient Parish church)
- Holy Trinity: Milton Place. Church built 1844, demolished 1963; parish created 1845 from Sts Peter & Paul. Original registers from 1845.
Parish Register transcript published by Rob Cottrell (Microfiche Ref. C5) See Thames & Medway Riverside Parish Register Publications.
- Christ Church Old Road East.
- St Andrew: Royal Pier Rd. Church built 1870-1 as a mission chapel for seamen; redundant 1970. Original registers from 1865.
- Baptist: Emmanuel, Windmill St. (1843). No information on registers
- Baptist: Providence Chapel. No information on registers
- Baptist: Zoar Chapel, Peacock St. (1846). No information on registers
- Congregational: Clarence Place. (1873). Original registers from 1872.
- Wesleyan: Ebenezer Chapel, Milton Rd. (1819). Original registers from 1813.
For project purposes this parish is covered by Kent FHS.