OS Grid Reference: TQ6274
The 1841 population was 3,621
Northfleet fell within the Hundred of Toltingtrough. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was North Aylesford 1835-84, Strood 1884-1930.
Probate Jurisdiction was Shoreham -1845, Rochester 1846-57.
Northfleet included the hamlets of Rosherville and Perry Street.
Churches and Chapels (pre-1910)
Church of England
- St Botolph (Ancient Parish church)
- Rosherville, St Mark: Church built 1853, demolished 1976; parish created 1853 from Northfleet St Botolph. Original registers from 1853.
Parish Register transcript published by Rob Cottrell (Microfiche Ref. C63) See Thames & Medway Riverside Parish Register Publications.
Parish Register images published by NWKFHS (CD-Rom Ref. OR33) See Parish Register Publications.
- Perry Street, All Saints
- Our Immaculate Mother & St Joseph: Church built 1867, superseded 1914 by Our Lady of the Assumption. Original registers from 1866.
- Congregational: Dover Rd. (1850). No information on registers
- Wesleyan: Portland Rd. (1885). No information on registers
- Methodist: Wood St. (1875).