OS Grid Reference: TQ4666
The 1841 population was 907
Orpington fell within the Hundred of Ruxley. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Bromley.
Probate Jurisdiction was Shoreham to 1845, PCC 1846-57.
- 1851 Name Index and Page Images published on CD-Rom as part of CD7 (Bromley Registration District).
- 1851 Name Index (only) published on microfiche as part of Volume I (Bromley Registration District).
- 1891 Transcript published on CD-Rom as part of CD2 (Bromley Registration District).
For ordering details see Census Publications.
Churches and Chapels (pre-1910)
Church of England
- All Saints (Ancient Parish church)
- St Andrew Lower Rd.
- St Paul: Crofton Rd. Church built 1887 as chapel-of-ease, superseded by new building (1958). No information on registers
- Baptist: Bethesda chapel. Built 1817, moved to Ayncombe Angle 1848, now Tower Rd. No information on registers