OS Grid Reference: TQ5255
The 1841 population was 5,061
Sevenoaks fell within the Hundred of Codsheath. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Sevenoaks.
Probate Jurisdiction was Shoreham to 1845, PCC 1846-57.
Sevenoaks included the settlements of Riverhead, Weald and Kippington.
- 1851 Name Index (only) published on microfiche as part of Volume VI (Sevenoaks Registration District).
For ordering details see Census Publications.
Churches and Chapels (pre-1910)
Church of England
- St Nicholas (Ancient Parish church)
- Weald, St George Church Rd.
- Riverhead, St Mary
- St John the Baptist St Johns Hill.
- Kippington, St Mary Kippington Rd.
- St Thomas of Canterbury: formerly Holy Trinity, Granville Rd. Built 1896, incorporating earlier chapel (Holy Trinity, 1880). Original registers from 1880.
- Wesleyan: St John. (1802). Original registers from 1796.
- Wesleyan The Green, Weald.
- Methodist: Original registers from 1814.