OS Grid Reference: TQ5570
The 1841 population was 1,128
Sutton-at-Hone fell within the Hundred of Axtane. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Dartford.
Probate Jurisdiction was Rochester to 1845, PCC 1846-57.
Sutton at Hone included the settlements of Hextable and Swanley (village and modern town).
- 1851 Name Index and Page Images published on CD-Rom as part of CD8 (Dartford Registration District).
- 1851 Name Index (only) published on microfiche as part of Volume V (Dartford Registration District).
- 1891 Transcript published on CD-Rom as part of CD3 (Dartford Registration District).
For ordering details see Census Publications.
Churches and Chapels (pre-1910)
Church of England
- St John the Baptist (Ancient Parish church)
- Swanley, St Paul School Rd, Swanley Village.
- Swanley, St Mary the Virgin St Marys Rd.
- Baptist: Bethesda, Main Rd. (1834). No information on registers
- Wesleyan: Main Rd, Hextable. (1896). No information on registers
- Wesleyan: Ship Lane. (1880). No information on registers