OS Grid Reference: TQ5371
The 1841 population was 845
"Wilmington is a parish and village, and suburb of Dartford, in the lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, Wilmington Hundred, and Union of Dartford, West Kent, pleasantly situated near the road leading from Dartford to Sevenoaks, and the river Darent, 1.5 miles south from Dartford station. The manor house in this village, which is remarkable for the beauty of its situation, was in the reign of Edward IV the residence of the king-making Earl of Warwick. Wilmington is beautifully situated and surrounded by gardens and cherry orchards. The church of St. Michael stands on the summit of a hill near the high road, and has been repaired and beautified; it has 3 bells and spire. The living is a vicarage, in the patronage of the ?Dean and Chapter; the incumbent is the Rev. Frederick Heberden, vicar. Here is a National school, supported by voluntary contributions, for boys and girals. A fair is held annually, 23rd of April." 1852?
Wilmington fell within the Hundred of Dartford & Wilmington. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Dartford.
For ordering details see Census Publications.
Churches and Chapels (pre-1910)
Church of England