Wrotham

OS Grid Reference: TQ6059
The 1841 population was 2,949

Administrative Units

Wrotham fell within the Hundred of Wrotham. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Malling.
Probate Jurisdiction was Shoreham to 1845, PCC 1846-57.

The ancient parish of Wrotham includes the settlements of Plaxtol and Borough Green, and also a detached portion known as Woodlands.

Churches and Chapels (pre-1910)

Church of England

  1. St George (Ancient Parish church) 
  2. Woodlands, St Mary 
  3. Plaxtol, [no dedication] 
  4. Platt, St Mary Longmill Lane.
  5. Borough Green, Church of the Good Shepherd 

Baptist

West Kent map