Hever

OS Grid Reference: TQ4744
The 1841 population was 582

Administrative Units

Hever fell within the Hundred of Somerden. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Sevenoaks.
Probate Jurisdiction was Shoreham to 1845, PCC 1846-57.

Hever included the hamlet of Mark Beech, and also had a detached northern portion comprising the hamlet of Four Elms.

See NWKFHS publications West Kent Sources and School Records for further information.

Hever Map North West Kent Family History Society

Census Publications

  • 1851 Name Index (only) published on microfiche as part of Volume VI (Sevenoaks Registration District).


For ordering details see Census CD-ROMs on the Publication List page.

Church and Chapels (pre 1910)

Hever, St Peter

Church of England - Ancient Parish Church

Original Registers

These date from 1632.
St Peter - Aug 1997
St Peter Hever North West Kent Family History Society

Mark Beech, Holy Trinity

Church built 1852; parish created 1839 from Hever St Peter & Cowden St. Mary

Original Registers

These date from 1843.

Memorial Inscriptions (1991)

Transcript published by NWKFHS (Microfiche Ref. F18). See MI Publications.
Holy Trinity - Aug 2000
Holy Trinity Mark Beech North West Kent Family History Society

Four Elms, St Paul

Church built 1881; parish created 1880 from Hever, Brasted, Chiddingstone & Edenbridge.

Original Registers

These date from 1881.
St Paul - Aug 2000
St Paul Four Elms North West Kent Family History Society

Congregational: Four Elms

Built 1831.
Mar 2015
Congregational Four Elms North West Kent Family History Society