The 1841 population was 798
Otford fell within the Hundred of Codsheath. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Sevenoaks.
Probate Jurisdiction was Shoreham to 1845, PCC 1846-57.
Otford inluded the settlement of Dunton Green (separate civil parish 1909).
See NWKFHS publications West Kent Sources and School Records for further information.
Church and Chapels (pre 1910)
Dunton Green, St John the Divine, London Rd
These date from 1890.
Memorial Inscriptions (1991).
Transcript published by NWKFHS (Microfiche Ref. F8). See MI Publications.
- Congregational: Dunton Green, London Rd. Built 1873, moved to new church (Station Rd) 1937. No information on registers.
- Wesleyan: Dunton Green. Built 1831. No information on registers.
- Methodist: Old Chapel. (1800). No information on registers.