The 1841 population was 5,061
Sevenoaks fell within the Hundred of Codsheath. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Sevenoaks.
Probate Jurisdiction was Shoreham to 1845, PCC 1846-57.
Sevenoaks included the settlements of Riverhead, Weald and Kippington.
See NWKFHS publications West Kent Sources and School Records for further information.
Church and Chapels (pre 1910)
- St Thomas of Canterbury: formerly Holy Trinity, Granville Rd. Built 1896, incorporating earlier chapel (Holy Trinity, 1880). Original registers from 1889.
- Wesleyan: St John (1802). Original registers from 1796.
- Methodist: Original registers from 1814.